Friday, January 21, 2022

Learn to do "subtraction" at times, so life can in turn be "addition"


 

01

I still remember when I was in university; I will choose a quiet corner in the library and start my day. I really like this kind of life where there is no interruption, having my ‘alone’ time.

My friend Jane is different from me: she will keep herself busy by participating in various competitions and obtained various certificates. Her life is full of actions and envied by many people.

But she also has her own worries. She found that she couldn't even devote herself 100% to her studies. Even if the phone was on silent mode, she always picked up the phone to see if there is a new task. She felt like she was just plain busy, and she was envious of me being able to live a regular life according to my plan.

University life provided us with many choices and opportunities. It’s easy for us young people to think about everything, only to find out at the end that we are so tired yet so busy that we have no direction. In fact, if you are willing to do ‘subtraction’ for your life, you can live more fulfillingly.

02

After getting out of university, as I got older, I discovered that the simpler life is, the easier it is.

There is a friend of me who likes to buy and buy. Her purchase routine is: if she was only attracted by the cover of the book, she would buy it; when she saw beautiful clothes, she bought them immediately, but put them in the corner of the closet without wearing them. Finally, she got more and more things in the house, it was a pity to throw it away.

Later, she finally made up her mind to make a change. First is to throw away or donate useless things. Second, remind herself whether it is necessary before buying things, and clean the room regularly. As a result, her room has become particularly minimal, she said: I feel that the burden on my heart has become less after seeing her house when she goes home everyday.

03

In addition to simplifying the material items, inner cleansing is even more important.

My cousin is a very caring person. It's always difficult to let go and feel unhappy because of someone's unbelievable words and unkind things. Once, she met someone who had attacked her before. She originally wanted to find a reason to attack him this time, but found that the other party could no longer remember who she was. My cousin only realized that others had forgotten everything, and she was the only one who was stuck in the midst of it.

We always conceal the people and things that have hurt us, and it is hard to let go. We then become negative. In fact, it is just that we can't get through ourselves. Don't let some unimportant people and things condense into a burden and affect your life. Press the delete button, you will feel much lighter.

In many cases, we want too many things, but we really need very little. By ‘subtracting’ items from our lives at times, we will have more energy and time to enjoy the beauty of life and pursue a more meaningful life.


Read also:

Warren Buffett's time management: the free-er, the rich-er


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Worth It

"What makes people feel weary is not the distant mountains but the grain of sand in their shoes." Many people facing setbacks in l...