Friday, May 27, 2022

How do you spend your morning?

 How do you spend your morning?

01 

Sleeping late seems to the habit of a hardworking individual. But when you think about it, it is actually not the sleeping late part that widens the gap of different individuals, but rather the getting early part.

I used to stay up late because I feel the need to have my ‘own’ time after working overtime in the office. I will watch Netflix, youtube, etc till late and because of that, I was always very tired at work. I once tried a "30 Days Early" challenge. After I started insisting on going to bed early and getting up early, sleepiness became an occasional thing, and my work efficiency was greatly improved. I also have more time to plan the work to be done for the day when I am much more clearheaded. From then on, I made getting up early as my daily routine.

Although getting up early seems like a slight change, I gain a lot more from it. Life is still the same, but I can choose to take more control of it.

02 

In our subconscious mind, we always feel that if we stay up a little bit, we gain more time for ourselves. But in fact, what does staying up late give you?

It’s the same eight hours of sleep, from ten o’clock to six o’clock, and from two o’clock in the morning to ten o’clock, but the first group of people will have more energy and clearer mind to do more effective work.

What staying up late can't give you, getting up early may be able to give it to you. Time is fair to everyone; it will not compromise to anyone. What we should learn to do what is how to do things in the most efficient and least disruptive way. Get up early, you deserve the best day to start a new day.

03 

The reason that one can't get up early is because there are too much external interferences consumes one’s willpower.

Try having an ordinary alarm clock and make sure not to touch your phone before doing the first thing after getting up. Do also split the things you have to do into 2-minute things: if you want to exercise, just walk for two minutes; if you want to learn new language, then recite a word; if you want to write a script, write a sentence first. Then getting up early is no longer tough because the sense of fulfilment will replace anxiety.

Those who can control the morning can control their lives. Go to bed early, have the courage to end today, then you will have the energy to welcome a better tomorrow.


Read Also:

Able to wake up earlier is a step closer to the life you want

Taking a look at Tanglin Halt Estate before it is gone


4 comments:

  1. Hi, I stumbled on your blog and really like your posts

    Calming and just zen. Pls continue writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, blogging keeps me on my toes too ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent my morning tending to my 2 kids! However, even before kids, i tend to wake up very early as well as i like the peacefulness in the morning. Its very calming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes and it becomes a very good habit once we got used to it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Life is Like a Journey of Repayment!

In this long journey of life, we will encounter thousands upon thousands of people. Within these myriad encounters, we gather numerous beaut...